13 March 2013

Habemus Papam!

And I'm freaking out!!

You can find live coverage here. HuffPo, but it works. ;)

I'm shaky and excited and the anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to find out who it is and get a first glimpse of our new Holy Father. I'll be updating here and much more quickly on Twitter, where I can be found as @bakeorbake.

Interestingly, I was trying on my Confirmation dress when I got the first messages on my phone that we now have a Pope.

This is insane!

UPDATE:

Cardinal Bergoglio from Argentina has been elected our 266th Pope, Francis I.
Time to learn!

UPDATE #2:
Here he is!

Wonderful mention by our new Pope Francis I of our Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, asking us to pray for Benedict, and later for himself. You know how much I love Papa Benny...

One of my favorite altered images of BXVI. (From Catholic Memes)

Oh man. I need to take a breather.

We have a Pope. So cool. :)

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!! I can't stop smiling!!! Viva il Papa!!! :)

    ReplyDelete